October 07, 2009

W508 mod & backup?

Do you own W508? Yeah, maybe not…
A month ago, I was really interested to get W508. I began searching in the web for the info and already read many reviews (yups, many of them show me the negative things, but that’s what a review for..? ^_^).
Never mind, I know you were not interested in my story, so I decided to buy a W508 (white-silver) and a W395 (hello kitty edition) from the local store a week ago.
I was really frustating when my beloved W830i got broken. Actually not really broken, it just the flexible that give me the problem. It works 100% but the display just white,sometimes it gray lol. I know about flashing and checking the phone filesystem.(GDFS was fine and SEMC looks good).i using this phone as my modem right now.
Well,enough about it,so we talk again about the W508.
First time I got this phone, I was really excited and after a week I decided to discover the ways to unleash it power.

We do that by mod the phone.
(yes, it is possible to backup and mod the phone)
Before I start, you may have these question:
1. can we backup the phonebook,sms….?
- you can do that by using PCSUITE or MyPhoneExplorer (google it ^_^)
2. can we backup the file system?
- to backup the entire filesystem is really difficult but it is possible and only available for ‘brown’(backup here mean you got the accoustic.camdriver,etc).
- non brown can backup using the combination of codeclaw-File Extractor and A2UPLOADER (googling it)
- you can always convert your RED to BROWN.
3. what I can get by backup those file?
- you wanna mod it right? Use it to start mod your own phone.
- use it to revert your phone to the original condition
- those file is different coz it originally come from your handset and not from GENERIC FS.
4. what to mod and what I can get ?
- you can change accostic to get better sound.
- mod the camdriver to gain more benefit from your camera
- instal FLASH theme
5. how can I do that?
- it’s hard to explain it to you as I’m not an expert in it. To be honest, I just know nothing about it but I’ll share what I got.
6. so, how to…..
a. get necessary tools,what it used for ?
b get CodeClawFileExtractor and A2UPLOADER?
c. backup file ?
d. restore file ?
e. change accoustic ?
f. change camdriver ?
g. change other file ?

I assume you get the cable in the box
a. the necessary file to get are:
1. codeclaw fileExtractor. download DISINI credit goes to them
2. A2UPLOADER (gordongate included) ** download DISINI or google it thanks to ‘the_laser’
3. codeclaw WBXML EDITOR (optional) – get it from codeclaw website.
4. Codeclaw SWF info, themeCreator,….got it from the forum over the net.

This tutorial is only usable for RED version as Brown has already so many tutorial over the net.
1. backup the file system to get accoustic,camdriver,….
a. run codeclaw file extractor click ‘shortcut’ select file to backup and click ‘add’
b. do again to the file you want.
c. After finish,select ‘file’ – ‘save’ and save the file.(remember the file. ex, w508.bin)
d. Shutdown W508
e. Run A2Uploader press ‘…’ in MISC files,point to your last saved file(W508.bin),select it and click ‘FLASH’
f. wait until ‘hold c and insert usb cable’
g. Press ‘C’ on phone and connect it.
h. The phone will initializing and wait until it finish.
i. Unplug your phone
j. Restart your phone and the file you want will be in folder ‘CODECLAW’ in your phone. COPY it to your computer.(it save to delete it after you coies the file).
k. Done

I have very low internet speed and cannot explain with picture, you can get more explanation by surfing to SE-USER, TOPSONY, SE-NSE,ESATO and other sony ericson forum. (credit goes to them). Forgive my bad english as I’m INDONESIAN (my english really terrible).
I just wanna share with you. I have original W508 files. If any modder around the world need it, I’ll gladly give you the files.
- How about mod the accoustic driver….? You can read in the forum as I had less time,if I had time, I’ll share with you (just the basic lol,I know nothing about it). Believe me it easy if you understand but if you wanna get an advanced accoustic, the accoustic moder will give it to you.
- the camdriver…? Well, to be honest, I know nothing ‘bout it.really…maybe brazuka will mod it for you someday(hi.. brazuka^_^).

Almost forgot, this is used to upload file to phone (in an easy way):
1. run A2uploader.shutdown phone
2. press ‘filesystemtool’ wait until press ‘C’
3. plug the phone
4. browse the file and ‘drag and drop’ the file from windows explorer to your A2Uploader window.
5. press ‘shutdown ….’ In the bottom after you done.
6. unplug phone,restart it and finish.
Use that to upload flash file for theme and anything you want to upload to your phone.
For ‘directories list’ find in the forum or you can write it by yourself.
Usefut to use with Codeclaw to get the file from phone.
To get the directories along with ‘what file in it’,is the same as above, just write what file in what directories and write in notepad.you just need to BROWSE all DIRECTORIES and WRITE all the filename+extension of the file to the notepad.
(not all file you can get,figure it out by yourself as it wouldn’t hurt your phone ^_^)
last, thanks to all the sonyericson forum all over the net. To all modders and especially for the_laser,codeclaw team (joacim petterson), brother ‘JIGONX’,‘SUPERBONTO’ and everyone with the great tutorial in the net.
This tutorial is far from the complete and hope it useful.
Get fully explained tutorial in the forum.(will provide you with the link but you can get it by yourself-google is your friend).

Indonesia JAYA.
(i'll update it next time but who knows...maybe you already know everything^_^)
(original files will be uploaded once i get my connection steady,it's unstable here.jangan lupa tuk selalu backup file sebelum me-replace dengan file baru.trims)

Moch Rifai
Moch Rifai

Seorang warga kota Tuban yang aktif memperkenalkan berbagai produk unggulan asli Indonesia.

1 comments:

Arick Unirow Friday, 09 July, 2010

unirow is back

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comment. I'll visit back to your site As soon as possible.