August 09, 2010

alexa ranking

alexa ranking is really important factor which decide how popular the site in the net. if you have so many visitor, your site will be ranked better in alexa ranking system. why do you need to have better rank in alexa? you will need to have better rank in order to maximize your dream. why would i want it? I can tell you here but you will give me another question and this article will full of question only. ^_^ . just ask me through the comment below as this article will only cover about ALEXA RANKING SYSTEM. this information is only based on my experience and will cover some information from my site arick.net .

there are some important things to understand.

1. even if you have so many visitor, without alexa toolbar installed in the browser of your visitor, your Alexa rank in alexa ranking system will not getting better. it make sense because alexa need information about your site. so the only things to get the relevant information is by gathering the browsing activities from your visitor through alexa toolbar which installed in your visitor browser. if alexa ranking is really important for you, you could ask your reader or visitor to install alexa toolbar in their browser. you just need to convince them if alexa toolbar only collect the information about the site they surf and not all of their activities. their password is save as alexa toolbar would not collect the password and sent them to alexa ranking system. further more, you need to convince your reader if alexa didn't collect any of the personal information about them either.

2. you could place an alexa Review Widget. this is also make sense, why? by placing the code on your site, every time your visitor open your page which contain the alexa code, your page will call the alexa server to display the image while the browser render the page for your visitor. in the simple language, every time your page loaded, alexa would know if your site was being viewed because their server get the request to display the review picture for your site thus will rank your site better in Alexa ranking system. some of people didn't believe this method as they believe alexa would not count it as being opened because it could be tricked. but, I believe this is work. to detect any of the abuse or black technique,you could placed some tracker in your site. ideally, you only need a tracker. as of me, I placed two counters  in this page. one is to detect where my visitor comes from and the other is simply to detect the total of page being viewed and the number of my daily visitor. If you see, there is different count from both of them. I'll talk about the counters later.

Snap-2010-06-27-02-50-55

this is my ranking in alexa.I know my site still have bad ranking. I guess this will be better all the time when I got lots of visitor daily. (the ranking is counted daily). I guess this is enough for this time. the topic on ranking in alexa will be discussed later. I will talk about the different count about the counter too after I got the time. at this moment, I need to fix some typo in UNIROW.

Moch Rifai
Moch Rifai

Seorang warga kota Tuban yang aktif memperkenalkan berbagai produk unggulan asli Indonesia.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comment. I'll visit back to your site As soon as possible.